Dear Supporters of Infant Toddler Family Day Care,
Season’s Greetings! We hope you are doing well! Even though it has been another eventful year, we have much to celebrate!
– We are so proud of the Infant Toddler Family Day Care staff and providers who continued to meet the difficult challenge of returning to normalcy. We are often reminded of a quote from our co-founder, Ileene Hoffman: ‘Children thrive in a homelike environment where each child feels Accepted, Wanted, Loved, Unhurried, and Secure.” This is what kept us going:
We are so grateful that Mary B. was able to care for our son, Eli, during the COVID-19 pandemic. When daycares closed across the U.S. in March 2020, we had significant challenges trying to care for our son, then only 2.5, while also getting our professional work done. This period of time also was extremely disruptive for Eli who lost his routine and companionship with other children his age.
We were so fortunate to be able to send Eli back to Mary’s daycare. At first, we were very nervous about exposing Eli and ourselves to people outside of our homes. But, we knew it was a risk we needed to take in order to be able to do our jobs and maintain our own mental health. Plus, we were confident that Mary’s daycare would be clean and safe compared to larger, commercial daycares in the area. In lieu of starting at the preschool, which had altered its schedule due to the pandemic and changed their policies, Eli stayed with Mary through the school year in a familiar and loving environment. Eli has adjusted beautifully. His life has remained largely unchanged due to Mary’s ability to keep him along with the other children in her care.
– Our Management Team applied for grants to obtain the much needed PPEs to keep our child care homes safe. To help keep child care homes open, our Child Care Specialists worked tirelessly to assist our providers to apply for various government funding opportunities, ex. CARES Act, America Rescue Plan Act.
– In recognizing the importance of child care in this unprecedented time, our providers became CHILD CARE ADVOCATES. They joined forces with Voices for Virginia’s Children, Virginia Early Childhood Foundation, National Association of Family Child Care, and Virginia Family Child Care Association to advocate for quality early childhood education:
Our Child Care Provider, Tanya M., met with staff from the offices of Senator Mark Warner, Senator Tim Kaine, Congressman Don Beyer, Congressman Gerald Connolly, and Congressman Rob Wittman. She presented the struggles of our providers and our families since the pandemic and what the COVID-19 relief packages meant for child care providers.
As part of the 2021 NVAEYC Advocacy Leadership team, ITFDC joined a roundtable discussion focused on how the COVID-19 crisis has affected child care providers and educators, a workforce largely consisting of women and in particular, women of color.
Our provider, Frozen Z., gave a tour of her home day care to a representative from the office of Congressman Gerry Connolly, District Director Mr. Marlon Dubuisson.
In this season of giving, please help us sustain our services and programs to more children and families with a tax-deductible gift today! Your gift will help prepare today’s children to become tomorrow’s leaders! Our goal this year is to raise $1500 – we have already raised close to $1000 from our Giving Tuesday campaign in November! Thank You for your continued support to help us meet our goal!
On behalf of the entire Staff and Board of Directors, we want to wish everyone in the Infant Toddler Family, a happy and healthy holiday season!
Our sincerest thanks,
ITFDC Staff & Board of Directors
P.S. Please note that charitable contributions made in 2021 are tax-deductible; even for taxpayers who take the standard deduction!
WAYS TO DONATE:
- By Check – Complete the form below with your contribution made payable to Infant Toddler Family Day Care and send to Infant Toddler Family Day Care, 11166 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 206, Fairfax, VA 22030.
- By Credit Card – Donate online at https://www.mightycause.com/donate/Itfdc
- Support ITFDC with your Amazon purchases by using our link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=inftodfamdayc-20 or choose us on Amazon Smile.
- Purchase an ITFDC Cookbook for $15. This cookbook has over 130 recipes collected from parents, providers, staff, board members, and ITFDC supporters. Just place your order with a call to our office.
- Please check with your employer to see if they have a donation-matching program.
Thank You for your interest in helping Infant Toddler Family Day Care! Your contribution will make a very significant positive change in the lives of early child care educators and the children they care for.
Please note that your donations are tax deductible. Infant Toddler Family Day Care is a qualified charitable organization under Section 501© 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Our EIN is 54-1228948. Click here to review our latest Form 990. A financial statement is available upon written request from the Office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs from the state of Virginia.