We take great pride in the expertise and professionalism of our providers – a special group of individuals who are committed to every child they meet. Each provider approved under our license participates in ongoing training and education on topics related to childhood development. We work closely with each provider to help them complete the approval process and to successfully begin their careers as a child care provider.
Here are the first steps to getting you started:
- Read about our Workforce Development Program.
- Review the Provider Getting Started Packet and complete the Provider Application.
- Register and Attend an upcoming Provider Information Session
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 9:30am
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 9:30am
Applicants MUST ARRIVE ON TIME to complete paperwork.
Late arrivals will not be admitted to the session.
Please call our office at 703-352-3449 (x110) or click here to register on-line.
The Provider Information Session will include an explanation of our program, including the services and supports offered to all of our providers.
- Visit with our Workforce Development Director in your home
- Complete all required documents
- Attend initial training classes: Professionalism, Safety, Child Development, Interviewing & Communication Skills
- Complete CPR/First Aid (required) and Medical Administration Training (optional)
- Work with a mentor to learn first hand about child care
- Become Part of Our Family
Please don’t hesitate to contact our office directly (703-352-3449) to discuss the information.
Please note that we require our provider applicants to have completed high school (in the US or another country) or have a GED.
The Workforce Development program is funded in part by the Fairfax County Consolidated Community Funding Pool (CCFP) grant.