Infant/Toddler Family Day Care (ITFDC) sponsors the USDA Child Care Food Program for children in family child care homes.  It is part of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) which is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.


September 2022 CACFP Newsletter

Family Child Care Providers and CACFP Reimbursements Rates!

We have to announce the end of  COVID 19,  USDA issued Waiver #93, that was in effect from  July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022. You can participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program, offering the food service in your care, and receive the  Tier 1 (higher reimbursement- to qualify by checking income eligibility), or Tier 2 (lower reimbursement) .
If YOU are a family child care provider who serves children healthy meals and snacks, then you are eligible to participate in CACFP. There is no cost to apply, and providers benefit by receiving a monthly cash reimbursement to offset the cost of meals and snacks. In addition, providers can receive valuable nutrition education, sample menus, meal planning resources,  tax benefits and a competitive edge to market your business.
CACFP reimbursements vary, and are based on many factors, such as how many children are in care, the number and kinds of meals served, etc.  You may be eligible to receive reimbursement for your own children as well.  The chart below provides information on potential monthly CACFP reimbursements.
Potential Monthly Reimbursement
Examples: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack  X 20 days
                                 Tier 1      Tier 2
       2 children            $192                  $92
       4 children              $385                $185
       8 children             $770                 $370
Come and join the Child and Adult Care Food Program!


Family child care providers who participate in the USDA Child Care Food Program receive reimbursements for meals and snacks served to children in care and receive training on nutrition, menu planning, budgeting, food safety, and children’s nutrition activities.

Program Requirements

Family child care providers must follow several requirements to participate in the USDA Child Care Food Program:

  • Hold a current state license, registration, local approval, military certification or extension letter;
  • Follow USDA meal patterns;
  • Serve healthy and nutritious foods;
  • Submit monthly menus and attendance records to receive reimbursement;
  • Record meals and snacks at the time when they are served, keep records up to date and available for reviews;
  • Allow a minimum of three home visits per year; and
  • Attend a yearly training.

Claim Submission

USDA forms are easy to follow and submit.  ITFDC will train you how to fill out the enrollment forms and how to complete your menus online from any computer with internet access using the online KidKare system or using bubble menus-paper forms.


For more information on how to join the CACFP-USDA program, please email  at  or call ITFDC at 703-352-3449 ext. 107

Our Favorite Links:

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)    mail:

U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)    fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)    email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider.