We are hiring!
Infant Toddler Family Day Care has an immediate opening for 2 Child Care Specialists
CHILDCARE SPECIALISTS (one full time and one part time)
Infant Toddler Family Day Care is a network of professional childcare educators with a commitment to the principle that learning begins at birth. We support the emotional, social and intellectual development of infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school age children in safe, nurturing high-quality childcare environments.
We are looking for a full time (35 hours) ChildCare Specialist and a part time (20 hours) ChildCare Specialist to monitor and coach home-based early childcare educators approved under the Infant Toddler Family Day Care state license.
Essential Job Functions:
The Childcare Specialist will provide support and technical assistance to ITFDC system childcare providers. This is done through monthly visits, relationship building (with families enrolled and childcare providers). Some duties include: technical assistance, excellent documentation of all visits and correspondence, home safety inspections, USDA monitoring, as well as maintaining good communication between childcare specialists and the office staff. In addition to the regular 8 hours shift, Monday to Friday, occasional evening/weekends work as needed.
– Bachelor’s/Masters in Early Childhood Education or related field (social work, psychology, etc.).
– Ability to provide training and work with adults who speak English as a second language.
– Strong listening and communication skills.
– Excellent data entry skills and proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Zoom, DocuSign and other technology.
– A strong attention to detail.
– Ability to multi-task, work independently, to think systemically, and to exercise sound judgment while meeting deadlines.
– Commitment to excellence and high professional standards and ethics.
– Home visiting experience a plus.
-Experience working with children and families
– Knowledge of ECERS, ITERS, and FDCERS childcare assessment tools a plus.
– Experience with VQB5 a plus.
– Experience with CDA a plus.
– Local travel, reliable transportation required.
– 35 hours per week for full time position; 20 hours a week for part time position.
Salary and Benefits: Infant Toddler Family Day Care offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
– 13 days of annual paid leave.
– 18 Paid Holidays per year.
– Health Insurance available.
– Short term disability and generous retirement plan.
Infant Toddler Family Day Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Workforce Development Program is funded in part by the Fairfax County Consolidated Community Funding Pool (CCFP) grant.