Infant Toddler Family Day Care is pleased to announce our newest program, Infant Toddler Family Day Care Scholarship Program. The intent of this program is to provide financial assistance to families that might not otherwise be able to afford the full cost of high quality child care. This assistance is granted in the form of partial child care scholarships, contingent upon the availability of funds.
Determination of eligibility and the amount of the scholarship granted is by decision of the ITFDC Scholarship Committee. The Infant Toddler Family Day Care Scholarship Program Policy Statement and the Income Eligibility (see below) will be used for this determination.
(number of persons)
The following must be submitted along with the application:
- The two most recent pay stubs for all employed household members;
- Prior two year’s tax return or statement of annual earnings;
- Unemployment income statements (if applicable);
- Assistance documents such as social security;
- Child support and/or alimony;
- Special circumstances (Refer to Policy Statement #2 in the Infant Toddler Family Day Care Scholarship Program Policy Statement);
- Monthly bills: rent or mortgage payment, utilities, credit card, car payments
- Two references that would substantiate the need for a scholarship (e.g., doctor, principal, or other appropriate professionals).
- Bank Statements or other documents may be requested.
The Infant Toddler Family Day Care Scholarship Program is available to all families who have children enrolled in ITFDC. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Families must reapply annually.
Complete the Infant Toddler Family Day Care Scholarship Program Application. All applications must be completed thoroughly and accurately. Records will be kept confidential. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
Completed application, along with all required supporting documents, should be submitted to:Wynne Busman, Executive Director
Infant Toddler Family Day Care
11166 Fairfax Blvd., Suite 206
Fairfax, VA 22030 Applicants will be informed verbally followed by a written confirmation of the decision.
The Executive Director of ITFDC will present the application, along with a recommendation, to the ITFDC Scholarship Committee who will make the final decision. All assistance will be based on funds available and the integrity of the information provided. Applicants will be notified within one (1) week after the Scholarship Committee reviews the request.
In the event of a reduction or termination of scholarships, existing participants will be given three (3) months notice before the date child care payments must begin to be paid in full.
Income Eligibility – Family income includes all sources: wages, spousal/child support, unemployment, social security, and any other source of income. A household is defined as a group of related or non-related individuals who are living as one economic unit and sharing both income and living expenses.